THE HELIX SCHOOL DISTRICT WEIGHT ROOM IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED DUE TO GOVERNOR BROWN'S EXECUTIVE ORDER 20-12.
The Helix School District appreciates the community support displayed when local patrons were asked to vote on GO Bonds in 2008 and 2012. The success of both of these bonds being passed, has allowed the District to complete several construction projects. One main project was the addition of a gymnasium and weight room. The District would like to provide public access to the weight room, on a limited basis. The following are the policy guidelines to allow public access:
- Weight room will be open 6:00AM – 6:00PM, Monday - Thursday. One of our custodians will unlock the weight room at 6:00AM, and the other custodian will close down the weight room and secure the building at 6:00PM.
- The weight room will not be open in the evenings when there is a home MS or HS volleyball or basketball game. The weight room will close two hours prior to the game.
- A surveillance system is currently in place and will be used to monitor activity or review premises, in the event that damage has occurred in the weight room.
- All must sign in and out, each time they use the facility. Sign in sheet will be located on a table in the weight room. Prior to using the weight room for the first time, a person must report to the Helix School District Office to sign a Liability Waiver/Assumption of Risk form. Failure to have a signed waiver form on record in the Helix School District Office, when using the weight room, may result in a Trespass charge being filed with the Umatilla County Sheriff’s Department.
- The public will have access to the weight room and bathrooms only, no access to gym.
- Access to the weight room is for Helix School District Residents Only.
- Adults only; Griswold High School students allowed only with adult supervision. The names of these students must be listed on the Liability Waiver/Assumption of Risk form. Middle school students and younger, will not be allowed in the weight room.
- Weight room rules will be clearly posted. (i.e. - All weights (plates) must be returned to racks, bars put away, benches wiped down to remove sweat, etc.)
- Violation of any policy, procedures or rules will result is termination of access to the weight room.
For questions or concerns regarding this access policy, please contact Darrick Cope, at the School District Office, (541) 457-2175.
Helix School District