The Helix School District was recently ranked 19th in the Portland Business Journal Oregon’s Top 30 School Districts in the Oregon. This ranking is based on rigorous analysis of academic and student life data from the U.S. Department of Education along with ratings collected from
millions of Niche users. More specifically, districts are ranked on the following factors:
- Academics, based on state assessment proficiency, SAT/ACT scores and survey responses from students and parents comprised 50 percent of the overall grade.
- The quality of teachers, an assessment that includes salaries and absenteeism rates, comprises 15 percent.
- Culture and diversity, based on survey responses, makes up 10 percent of the rating.
- Parent and student surveys gauging satisfaction contributes another 10 percent of the rating.
- Two factors — health and safety, and resources and facilities — each contribute 5 percent.
- Clubs/activities and sports make up 2.5 percent of the final ranking apiece.
Click through the link below for a list of Oregon’s top public high schools, as determined by the Pittsburg-based researcher Niche.com.